Sunday, May 3, 2009

Concert in the Rain

My friend Amy had tickets to the Kenny Chesney concert on Saturday, but didn't have anyone to go with her.  So while I don't like country music, I knew how much Amy wanted to go.  So I went with her.  However, thunderstorms threatened to ruin the evening. It poured rain for an hour before we were supposed to leave.  But then it started to clear up and I headed over to Amys, but there the tornado sirens were going off.  However, it looked like it was starting to clear up so we decided to take a chance and go.  It was clear the whole way up to Frisco, but just as we entered the stadium, it started to rain lightly.  The first band, Lady Antebellum was already playing, so we decided to stay.  The rain started to get harder and we were getting wetter and wetter.  I was wearing my yellow rain coat (I've owned it for 11 years and this is its first use.) so my torso was still dry.  I wasn't as cold as I thought I would be, so all things considered, I wasn't yet miserable. As you can see from the photo, we were a good long way from the stage.  During the intermission between bands the severe lightening prompted our decision to leave early.  During the walk around the stadium to the exit, it (of course) stopped raining and lightening.  Just as we reached the exit, Miranda Lambert came on stage, so we decided to hang around a bit.  We were standing at the top of the seating area shown at the extreme right in the picture.  We had a much better view than in our seats!  We stayed through Miranda's set, but then the wind started to pick up and there was more rain starting coming our way, so we left.  Amy had seen Kenny in concert before, so she was ok with leaving without seeing him.  All in all, a wet and cold evening with country music, but hey, what are friends for?

No comments:

Post a Comment