Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend Whimsy - Le Mans (Spoilers)

This weekend is the weekend of the Le Mans 24 Hour race. I'm a huge race fan...F1, IndyCar, WRC, ALMS, FIA GT, MotoGP. Le Mans is one of the highlights of the year. 24 Hours of racing. Ahhhhhh! I don't watch it live; because of the time difference, it starts too early for me. A number of years ago, when VCRs were used and Speed TV broadcasted all 24 hours, it was difficult due to the 6 hour length of videotapes. I'd have to get up in the middle of the night to change tapes. Now, DVRs make it easy! :) I became an Audi fan back in 2000 when they changed the entire rear end of the car in just over 5 minutes. That was incredible. This year's race was close, with the Peugeots faster, but with 2 hours or so remaining, it was Audi's reliability that won.




No comments:

Post a Comment